Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 14: Long Distance Connections

I'm woefully behind on all parts of my life.  My hopes of actually posting everyday this month are long over, but I'm going to continue my 31 Days of Thankfulness with a few gaps.

Thanks to my government-funded job, I get off on state holidays, which has allowed me to be home all days with my boys.  AND. . . they decided to both sleep in until 7:30 this morning!  

That is tangible proof it's a new week, people! Woohoooooooooo! 

Before kids, being off of work meant spending the day catching up on tv shows, enjoying my coffee, running errands, and maybe meeting a friend for lunch. These days, having the day off means exactly none of that. But it did give us some time to catch up with family today.  

I'm almost a thousand miles away from my sister and her family and my parents.  I see my sister at most, three times a year, which is unacceptable, but a current reality.  My parents are able to visit us a little more, which I am so grateful for, but I still always wish for more time.

Today, (and many days), I'm thankful for Skype.  It's made being so far from the ones I love a little bit easier.


When the little ones change and grow on almost a weekly basis, being able to see one another at least allows us to feel as though we are "there" for some of milestones. 

A typical conversation consists Tyson is usually trying to reach the computer to push any and all buttons and J-man is trying to give hugs and fist bumps through the computer screen. It's chaotic and loud and crazy, but it's a tiny piece of family connection that I miss so dearly.  

Thankful for technology and the day off today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment