Sunday, June 16, 2013

Three Men

To the three fathers in my life whom I am privileged to call family. . .

The one who came first.

My father, kind-hearted and gentle, who has taught by example how to live humbly and follow Christ.  No matter the crazy injuries he's had over the years, like falling off a three-story roof or blowing out his knee playing basketball with my husband (at the age of 69), he has always chosen to have a positive outlook for the future.  He's the Chewer of bubble gum, Instructor of softball, Teller of endless stories, Lover of any foods sweet, Painter of houses, and Father in every aspect of the word.

Happy Father's Day to the first man in my life, the one who set bar the high. You have left an amazing legacy in the lives of your children and their families.






The one who gave me my future. 

My father-in-law, a big ol' teddy bear wrapped up in a no-nonsense exterior.  A mountain-mover with a heart of gold, he will go to whatever length to help his family.  Though he warned me that he wasn't really a "baby" kind of guy, he has snuggled and hugged our boys every opportunity he has had with them. He's the Driver of corvettes, Mender of wounds, Lover of dogs, Watcher of (really loud) Fox News, Giver to those in need, and Father and Paw-Paw to his family.

Happy Father's Day to the man who molded and shaped the love of my life. Thank you for the way you fiercely love our family.






The one who was worth the wait.

My Brian, in so many ways, a blend of both of our fathers.  Passionate, hard-working, fearless, gentle, and kind.  He fights daily to get to know his boys, whether it's learning how to play a video game to connect more or squeezing into a ice-cold baby pool to spend time with the two littles.  He's the Changer of diapers, Teacher of lawn care basics, Setter of curfews, Thrower of any kind of ball, Tickler of baby bellies, Giver of praise and encouragement, and Father to the fatherless.  I may be partial, but I sure do think that he's a pretty amazing dad.

Happy Father's Day to the man who has been my friend, my partner, my advocate, my love, and now the father of our three boys.  Love you.







1 comment: