I may or may not be speaking from personal experience.
I may or may not have been up every night the last few weeks between 1:00 and 4:00ish.
I'm a 8-9 hours of sleep kinda girl.
Less than that makes me cranky and ornery.
And my co-workers.
And the general population.
But being up in the middle of the night does allow me plenty of time for random thinking....
- Can I stretch $30 into getting me a new summer wardrobe?
- At what age is it appropriate for me to stop listening to rap music?
- Why do businesses use the letter "K" to replace words that begin with a C in their company name? Is the Klassy Boutique really classy?
- How many times is it acceptable to go into Target in a given week? When do the employees start to address you by name?
- Why on God's green earth will this child not go to sleep?
- What happened to Bachelorette Emily's teeth?
- How long does it take to put in a inground pool? Could I have it by next weekend?
- Do I have time to take a nap tomorrow afternoon? What about tomorrow night? What's the earliest I could be in bed by?
At some point the little man starts snoring. Daylight is breaking and I climb back into bed.
Mentally establishing the number of times I can hit the snooze button before I get up.
From this day out, I do solemnly swear to never, ever state that my child is a good sleeper.