Friday, December 24, 2010

A Humble Beginning

I have seen many nativity sets that are beautiful, ornate, and often untouchable because the pieces can be broken.  This year Brian brought us home a nativity scene from his second trip to Kenya that was handmade in the country.

I absolutely love it.  This is what comes to mind when I picture this scene so many years ago...a humble setting, a non-descript building, and people seeking a Savior.  Granted, you can tell I also like sparkly things, due to the bargain buy Wal-mart ornaments in the bowl behind it.  However,  I do have the manger placed directly in the line of vision of all who walk through our home, because I want that to be the most important part of Christmas in our home.

Christmas is just this simple- Mary and Joseph so in love with their newborn son. And God so in love with the world that he sent Jesus to us through this humble beginning.

Now I just need to make sure that Knox doesn't decide to snack on one of the wise men. Because we're pretty sure that he's dined on one of our ornaments, due to some incriminating evidence.

Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment: